Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Jackson Hole Camping Trip

We went camping this year June 25th-June 28th. We camp at East Table Creek campground between Alpine, Wyoming and Hoback Junction. My parents usually go for two weeks but we have to work for a living. So, we try and sneak up for a few days. I love it! It is fun and relaxing. We always have a great time with my family and my kids love camping with Grandma and Grandpa.


I guess I should start with the most important event of our camping trip. We usually pick a night and go to the Bar J Wranglers. Jeff is a trooper as I am madly in love with Brian Humphrey. Jeff doesn't really care too much on going to the Bar J's. But he goes every year and lets me drool all over myself while I watch Brian sing. ( I am really not in love with him, he just looks really nice in his wranglers. His face isn't too bad to look at either.)

Here's the whole group of Bar J Wranglers.

I finally figured out why I ruin every picture that I am in. And I don't even have to try. I got it from my dad. (Notice the piece of popcorn in his nose.) I took quite a few pictures of these two but they just couldn't get it together. It is pretty funny, though!


This is the group of us waiting for the Bar J's to start minus my mom and Jeff. Jeff is taking the picture and my mom was probably getting fresh popcorn.


My dad with my cute nieces, Rylie and Sydnie.


A quick little family picture amongest the hundreds of people also waiting for the Bar J's to start. As always, Avery wasn't up for picture taking.


Sydnie and Avery outside the Bar J's. These two little girls get along so well; it amazes me. They have a great time together.

We have to have a picture by the large stuffed buffalo. Only in Jackson Hole.


Who is that hot man with my sister? Oh, it's just Nate in his hot sunglasses. I love them!

Avery watching the Jackson Hole Shootout on her dad's shoulders.

Alexa and Rylie playing with all their weeds. These were the puzzle ones. I am not really sure what they are called (Jeff would know) but it kept them busy for a long time.

Rylie and Sydnie by the Snake River. These two were great little girls. They stayed with my mom and dad for two weeks so my sister Kim could rest before she welcomed her twins into the world. They missed their mom and dad like crazy, but were little troopers the entire time. We had a lot of fun with them.

Avery and Jeff by the Snake River. The river was below our camp. So, the river put us to sleep every night. It was awesome.

Avery playing with Wiggles.

Avery trying to get Libby to play dead. I think it worked. Jeff had been working on this while we were camping. Libby loved her first camping trip.

And this is the "Horsley Hilton." We don't have the luxury of camping in a trailer, so we bought a large tent. It even has front porch. The second day that we were camping it poured and poured on us. So, we had to run into Alpine to buy a tarp large enough to cover our tent because our rain fly was completely saturated. Then after we got the tarp hooked up we had to take all of our bedding into Jackson to the laundry mat to dry it. This is the "poor white trash" picture of our tent after the rainstorm was over. We love our tent!

Jeff and Nate doing the dishes. Such great son-in-laws!!

My mom had to make sure they were doing it right.

Floating the river was cold!!! We put Alexa and Rylie with my dad and Courtney for the river trip. That was the best idea I had all day. Alexa and Rylie sang and giggled the entire 8 miles.

Jeff and I got the two quiet ones. Sydnie and Avery rode with us. Avery doesn't like the river at all and we hit some pretty good rapids right after we put our boats in. It took her a while to warm up. Obviously, she was still pretty mad in this picture.

I think she was trying to catching some bugs or something. Last year she fell asleep while we were floating the river.

This is the captain of our "Fish Hunter."


Sydnie really likes floating the river and eating all of my Jolly Ranchers.

We had a great time. It was nice to get away and relax. Thanks mom and dad for putting up with us! You always make it a great trip!

No comments: